I have not title

I just received a call from my mom telling me a dear friend and namesake of mine is dying from cervical cancer. She is 26 years old. Five months ago she had he son by Cesarean and they found a lump. She was diagnosed with aggressive cervical cancer. She has been for numerous operations since and undergoing chemo. She does not see her baby because she is too weak most of the times.
She didn't smoke, drink or use drugs. She has a husband that loves her more than anything.
She was one of the bravest people I know. A short coloured girl from the farm who walked into a mainstream school in the city and became the first person of colour to stay in our schools dorm. She was my room mate. She stayed no matter what the odds and how she was treated. She won over the entire dorm and became one of the most popular girls in our school. Somehow this doesn't seem fair. It true: only the good die young.
Lord may you grant my friend a single Christmas with her boy and a last with her husband. Carry them all.

1 comments:

  • Koos | December 12, 2011 at 12:51 AM

    “Now it seems to me that love of some kind is the only possible explanation of the extraordinary amount of suffering that there is in the world.”
    Oscar Wilde quotes (Irish Poet, Novelist, Dramatist and Critic, 1854-1900)