What the...?


Wow, what a wake up call! I moved to this new company mainly because I was convinced by one person that this would be a great place to work. As expected the first 3 months went well. Now all the masks have fallen to the floor. The true colors are all over the place and it's not a rainbow people.

I have always heard of people having this terrible boss, a person who is unreasonable and treats you like crap, never in my life could I have imagined that I would one day work for one. I had always thought I was good at summing up people - shit was I wrong about this one.

Without going into too much detail, we had a wiring job to do on a site. My direct manager sent one of the junior guys to go do it. I volunteered to go with thinking the exposure would be good for me. So they said I could do some telemetry tests once the wiring is done. By 15:00 my manager phoned and said I could go home. I asked the guy I went with if he would be okay if I left and he assured me he would (I mean our manager did originally send him alone). So I stayed until 16:00 and then left, since may manager and another programmer - who would do the telemetry tests, where on their way and since I had to fetch my daughter form school.

Next morning I was crapped out because I had left the guy alone there with a new client on a deadline (both of which we're facts I did not know). He attacked me when walking into the office, in front of everyone.

My question: should he not be angry at my manager for sending just the one guy to begin with and grateful that I did go with voluntarily? Could he not have called me into his office yesterday, explained why he thought it was wrong that I left and we could have calmly talked about it? Am I wrong about this?

I went to speak to him this morning in the hope that we can clear the air. I was told in no uncertain terms that I am wrong, it's his company and he has no intention of treating me any different. (I asked to be treated with respect) I was shocked. It is unbelievable how mean and cruel other people can be. I really feel terrible.

Anyway, I probably have to WORK now...Thank God it's Friday.

1 comments:

  • Koos | December 12, 2011 at 12:24 AM

    And I thought women where complicated...

    “Leadership is a word and a concept that has been more argued than almost any other I know. I am not one of the desk-pounding types that likes to stick out his jaw and look like he is bossing the show. I would far rather get behind and, recognizing the frailties and the requirements of human nature, would rather try to persuade a man to go along, because once I have persuaded him, he will stick. If I scare him, he will stay just as long as he is scared, and then he is gone.”

    Good luck until the next time he wets his pants...